Friday, January 25, 2019

#2: The Color Purple Reflection / My Daily Entry

 Reflection

Mr. finally decides to take Celie, coming over to the house to look at her again, Fonso treats her as if he's auctioning off a piece of furniture at a yard sale, not treating her with a lick of dignity. It finally hits Nettie and that they're going to be separated, making her physically sick.
Celie's first day at Mr.'s house and she's been hit in the head with a rock by a grieving 12 year old boy, who had his mother die in his arms, and is detangling two little girls' hair for the entire day, only to lay down to rest to be courted by this man that she's been married off to only for the prospect of being a fill-in mother. She finds herself thinking of Nettie's safety and then of Shug Avery, wondering if she enjoyed this, and wrapping her arms around him.

Daily Entry

We got our point and shoot cameras in photography today, I felt a bit nostalgic for times I've never lived in as I looked through the lens. When Brandi, my brother, my niece and I got off of the bus we immediately found ourselves stopped in the backyard of an abandoned house. While I took photos on this old school camera, Brandi and my niece took their own, my brother, being my brother, cracked his phone. Later, Brandi and I scouted our neighborhood for more areas to photograph, walking along the train tracks near a small stream, admiring the small ecosystem and, tossing rocks into the surprisingly deep water, and all the way down to the highway where the Chevron is. We ran into uncomfortable situations, and exciting ones, our combined social anxiety navigating us through it. Our legs and feet were starting to throb but our faces burned for laughter.
But, of course, a Friday isn't complete if Darien doesn't ruin the party. We sat in my from and listened to music talking and teasing with one another, taking a trip to the hair and dollar stores respectively.
Today, felt both like a scene from a horror movie and something from a Summer flick.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if you are posting pics for the school's yearbook. Because if you are, that is really cool and I would like to be photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems cool that you are taking pictures and doing some photography work and if that's your favorite interest that you like to do then keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing to see that you are taking the time to enjoy the beauty of the earth and how photography does, in fact, capture that beauty. I hope your photos were memorable!

    ReplyDelete