Monday, June 11, 2018

Reader Profile

My weaknesses when it comes to reading reside heavily in my speed, I lack the ability to skim read without completely misinterpreting something important, I've failed countless test, quizzes, and papers because of that. When it comes to prose, spoken language I believe is what that word means, I would consider myself pretty good with this. That is if I'm in a comfortable situation and atmosphere. I tend to trip and stumble over my words, rushing to speak and not giving the rest of me time to process which words I'm trying to use, how I'm trying to use them, how I'm trying to say them, and how to even start the first sentence. I find poetry to be one of my best areas out of the three, poetry doesn't have to have any type of constraints or rules, it doesn't have to watch itself as it's trying to be itself, I enjoy making and reading poetry. My strengths in reading can be found in my ability to retain small details that might come off unimportant, in prose I tend to be able to, eventually, get my point across clearly and followable, in poetry, I believe I'm good at taking little things and turning it into something else.

Reading serves as a form of entertainment and a source of learning and discovering new or interesting information, I love reading about religious mythology, ranging from archangels all the way to Norse creatures like jömungandrs and Greek gods like Zelos.


My passion when it comes to reading comes when I'm entwined in whatever the page has to offer, making me yearn for the next page and it's contents, my peeves when it comes to reading only come when I'm extremely engrossed in a book as well, I hate having to rest my eyes after long periods of time, something that I have to do if I don't want to worsen my vision that's already steadily declining unless I want a self-induced migraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment